Pages

19.6.10

Join TEAM FARA

Team FARA is not just this team or this race, it is a greater effort with many participants all with similar goal to stay fit, challenge yourself, raise awareness for Friedreich's Ataxia (FA) and support FA research.

Join TEAM FARA!


Team FARA members are running, walking, biking and swimming for FA research around the world. While they are geographically dispersed, Team FARA is united with the same goal: to draw attention to FA through acts of physical endurance and to support the advancement of FA research towards treatments and a cure for FA.

About Team FARA

Team FARA is made up of people around the globe who participate in endurance events on behalf of the Friedreich's Ataxia Research Alliance (FARA) with the goal of raising awareness and funds for FA research. Past Team FARA members have registered as individuals and groups in local marathons, ½ marathons, triathlons, ironman competitions, bike tours and 5K runs. With the FARA name in their fundraising materials, local press releases, and on their race jerseys, Team FARA members are introducing the general public to this rare disease and the importance of supporting FA research.

Join Team FARA

You can join Team FARA simply by registering in a local athletic event of your choice and deciding to do so in FARA's name. FARA will provide a fundraising webpage for you to customize with a photo and information about your event participation. FARA will also work with you to generate a press release and a strategy for local press coverage of your endurance event and campaign for FA research. Finally, FARA will supply you with either a Team FARA running jersey or t-shirt to be worn at your event. Your supporters also have the opportunity to purchase Team FARA t-shirts to wear as they cheer you on.

If you're interested in joining Team FARA, please contact us at info@cureFA.org

If you are looking for an event, join me at Ride Ataxia Philadelphia, 10/10/10. This is a great event with distances for all levels of riders.
Most importantly, Get out there and Educate, Empower and Enable!

7 comments:

Spinner said...

Awareness!

Becky and Chris Prater said...

i'm so proud of you guys. your determination is inspiring to all of us. can't wait to give you all a big hug and maybe lift a cold one when you get home. o by the way john, no more 60 mph downhills! be careful the rest of the way, you've got it made. love from all of us here. chris

Becky and Chris Prater said...

I'm giving out your blog address to all my clients, friends, everyone I can think of, even Sierra Nevada Brewery Pres! We're doing our best to spread the word of your amazing trek and create awareness for FA!! Can't wait to give you all big hugs- XOXO Becky

Sandy said...

I will PROUDLY wear my Team FARA jersey for the triathlon. :)

Unknown said...

OK, I can't concentrate on my housework! I keep running to the computer to see whats new with you guys! I am so wishing I could be there at the finish line, but you will have to settle for HUGE Applause and respect from Texas!!! Again, you guys are the best and sitting on top of a mountain is where you will always be, as you have so many folks that admire you all! What a Team!!!!

Spinner said...

Kyle, I'm NOT doing house-work like Linda, but I am keeping a close eye on the computer (in between my rides I come in and cool off 102 out there:( ) You know that I'd be at the finish line if I could, but I know that if you listen real carefuly you will hear a 'CHEER' all the way from Texas! Go spin Go!!!

Andy and Linda Johnson said...

I'm not doing housework or biking! But I am thinking of you guys! We've got Philly on our calendar!

Linda